Tuesday 6 February 2018

ATITHI DEVO BHAVA




The sheer pleasure of welcoming guests day in and day out is wonderful. Although all the guests come here for a holiday their purposes behind travelling down are so varied. As they check in I tend to observe them.  Each individual has a different body language. I enjoy trying to guess what is  going on in their mind, it is like playing a little guesswork game. It helps me connect to my guests.

Some of them come with their childhood  friends, some with colleagues, while others come with their family or relatives or as a couple. Caring sons or daughters, who have brought their parents along, are often anxious about checking in at the earliest, so that their aged parents can rest after the journey. The moment the senior citizens are settled they tend to relax. On the other hand young couples are often relaxed and engrossed in one another. Occasionally, a father has driven down to the resort by himself along with his  two children. He juggles with managing the kids and doing the check in formalities.

I sometimes feel I need to handle different people in different moods. I have done this in the past but now I am handling them all at once. But when one of our guests writes to me saying. “It was really wonderful experience with such a beautiful infrastructure and nicely maintained property. We are amazed by peacefulness of property and well maintained greenery. I would like to mention about tasty food served at restaurant with very polite company of your team members. Surely a resort which can be recommended to friends and family.’
When I read something like this, I feel my day is done.


2 comments: